U.S. and foreign militaries have been training in iFLY tunnels since the first one opened in Orlando FL in 1997. This page is intended for training cadre and contracting officers seeking basic, sustainment, and advanced military freefall training in a simulated environment.
Who We Are:
iFLY invented the technologies which make modern indoor skydiving possible. We are the World’s largest designer, builder and operator of Vertical Wind Tunnels and have been the undisputed industry leader since creating this market in1997. We are committed to innovation, performance, safety, reliability and absolute customer satisfaction. Headquartered in Austin, Texas and London, England, we maintain over 50 locations worldwide, with another 25 projects currently under construction.
What We Do:
iFLY offers turn-key design-build, engineering, fabrication, installation, operations and maintenance (O&M) project management (PM), and sales of wind tunnels globally. As the largest operator of vertical wind tunnels in the world, we also sell wind tunnel time to Federal, State, Local, US, International, Military and Civilian users for all types of simulated freefall training, skills development, and flying technique coaching.
How We Provide Value:
iFLY has the unique capability as well as the “Scalable Capacity” to offer the following features and benefits to our prospective clients and their respective procurement officers:
- Established rates and standard contracting vehicles
- The standard rate for an unrestricted 60-minute block is $975.
- The standard military coaching rate for a 60-minute block is $225 per hour which includes per and post flight briefings
- 30-minute, 15-minute, 10-minute, and 5-minute blocks and priced per the amount of time purchased
- Rates may vary based on location and tunnel diameter
- Locations anywhere a particular unit may be home ported and/or on TAD/TDY
- Relevant Past Performance –
- Long Term Safety Data – Quality Control Processes – ISO 9001 Pending
- Market leadership with 70% global market share; 34 issued patents and 29 pending patents protecting key IP in 56 countries, thus, achieving innovation through research & development (R&D) of evolving new & emerging technology
- Adherence to the International Bodyflight Association’s (IBA) safety and training standards and vertical wind tunnel staff professional development and continuing education programs.
Purchasing a tunnel:
For more information on acquiring the most safe, dependable and proven designs in Vertical Wind Tunnel technology, contact the brand trusted by more militaries around the world by clicking here.
iFLY is Veteran Friendly and seeks to employ qualified service veterans.