Our STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) program uses our state-of-the-art vertical wind tunnel to inspire and educate students. Trained and reviewed STEM educators will guide your students through an interactive presentation, demos in the wind tunnel and grade-appropriate lab activities.
Each field trip is comprised of four components:
- Interactive ‘physics of flight’ presentation on real-world application of STEM with wind tunnels.
- Vertical wind tunnel ball flight testing.
- Hands-on, creative student experiments.
- In-depth flight training and flight experience.
- Our field trips align with Next Generation Science Standards, Common Core K-12, and TEKS.
- Full curriculum molded by teacher focused groups
- More than 60,000 students and 3,000 schools have participated
- Over 30 state-of-the-art vertical wind tunnels providing STEM field trips
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Do you have any resources for teachers?
A: Yes, please visit our STEM information pages sorted by grade level to access helpful field trip resources:
Q: Can I explore iFLY before the field trip?
A: We routinely host STEM open houses to give teachers and educators an opportunity to learn more about our STEM program. Find details and RSVP here.
Q: How much does it cost?
A: Prices vary depending on group size. Contact your local group manager to find out more.
Q: How long will the field trip take?
A: From start to finish, the field trip will take about 3 hours. This includes a lecture, demonstration, classroom experiment, and the flight experience.
Q: Can all students participate?
A: Yes, we welcome anyone with physical or cognitive challenges to participate in our supportive and inclusive environment.
“What an engaging learning environment for my science students!”