iFLY elementary STEM field trips use iFLY’s unique vertical wind tunnel facility to make STEM exciting, relevant, and accessible to all students.
Our curriculum has been designed by teachers and STEM professionals to support STEM learning in your classroom.
- Download a full color 2-page brochure to share with parents and administrators
- Our Teacher Guide describes the field trip experience in detail and lists the learning standards for your state
- Download the full standards alignment for your grade level
- Show your students this pre-field trip presentation to orient them to what they will experience. The last slide contains a script for you, so you don’t have to worry about preparing anything in advance!
- Take a peek at the slides our STEM Educators use in our interactive presentation
- Download the lab worksheet in advance to see what our hands-on lab covers
- Our post-field trip activities packet will help you reinforce what your students learned at iFLY
- We’ve put together a great list of online resources as well. These videos, web pages, games, and activity suggestions are all related to the STEM concepts covered in our field trips.
Every Field Trip Includes:
iFLY educators introduce STEM concepts related to the wind tunnel, including:
- What is Engineering? How did engineers work together to create this technology?
- What are the differencess between solids and fluids?
- What forces are at work on objects in the wind tunnel?
- Students observe a ball demonstration, observing the differences between the balls and how this affects their flight in the wind tunnel
- Students plan and carry out an investigation about parachutes
- Students identify one parachute variable to experiment with
- They use stopwatches, measuring tapes, and a scale to measure their parachutes
- Students record their data and share conclusions with the class
Training & Safety
- Each child will be trained by our flight instructors who are certified to IBA flight standards
- The children will learn the correct body position, hand signals and safety rules
- The children will be outfitted in flight suits, safety goggles, ear plugs and helmets
- Each child will fly one-on-one with an instructor at all times
- iFLY has flown over 6 million people worldwide, from ages 3 to 103 & we have a 100% commitment to safety
- Each child will fly for 1 minute in the tunnel–the equivalent of 1 1/2 skydives
- High flights, a ‘ride’ to the top of the tunnel, are available at an additional charge.
- Each class gets digital photos emailed to the teacher
- Each class gets a video of their flights
- Price varies based on customized program. Contact your education program sales team by completing and submitting the form below.
- Extra flight time can be added to your program